Translation English - Swedish : defend
- state or assert; "He maintained his innocence"
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- protect or fight for as a champion
- fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don't fight it!"
- protect against a challenge or attack; "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemy's attacks"
- be on the defensive; act against an attack
- argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike"