Translation English - Swedish : lay
- a narrative poem of popular origin
- a narrative song with a recurrent refrain
- impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
- lay eggs; "This hen doesn't lay"
- prepare or position for action or operation; "lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
- put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- not of or from a profession; "a lay opinion as to the cause of the disease"
- characteristic of those who are not members of the clergy; "set his collar in laic rather than clerical position"; "the lay ministry"