Translation English - Swedish : motion
- an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object; "the cinema relies on apparent motion"; "the succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement"
- the act of changing location from one place to another; "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path"
- a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote; "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question"
- a state of change; "they were in a state of steady motion"
- a change of position that does not entail a change of location; "the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"; "movement is a sign of life"; "an impatient move of his hand"; "gastrointestinal motility"
- a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals
- show, express or direct through movement; "He gestured his desire to leave"