Translation English - Swedish : still
- a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation
- an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed
- (poetic) tranquil silence; "the still of the night"
- a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes); "he wanted some stills for a magazine ad"
- make motionless
- lessen the intensity of or calm; "The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"
- cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
- make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- without moving or making a sound; "he sat still as a statue"; "time stood still"; "they waited stock-still outside the door"; "he couldn't hold still any longer"
- to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons; "looked sick and felt even worse"; "an even (or still) more interesting problem"; "still another problem must be solved"; "a yet sadder tale"
- despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession); "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"; "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"; "he was a stern yet fair master"; "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
- with reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation; "it's still warm outside"; "will you still love me when we're old and grey?"
- free from noticeable current; "a still pond"; "still waters run deep"
- not sparkling; "a still wine"; "still mineral water"
- used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion; "a still photograph"; "Cezanne's still life of apples"
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves; "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"; "the quiet waters of a lagoon"; "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"; "a smooth channel crossing"; "scarcely a ripple on the still water"; "unruffled water"
- marked by absence of sound; "a silent house"; "soundless footsteps on the grass"; "the night was still"
- not in physical motion; "the inertia of an object at rest"