Translation English - Swedish : union
- the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays"
- a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts; "lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
- a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations; "the Soviet Union"
- healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones
- the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce); "a long and happy marriage"; "God bless this union"
- the state of being joined or united or linked; "there is strength in union"
- the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
- the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War); "he has visited every state in the Union"; "Lee hoped to detach Maryland from the Union"; "the North's superior resources turned the scale"
- an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; "you have to join the union in order to get a job"
- of trade unions; "the union movement"; "union negotiations"; "a union-shop clause in the contract"
- being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War; "Union soldiers"; "Federal forces"; "a Federal infantryman"